Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm Back!

Well everyone I just want to thank-you for taking the time out of your day to read this...or pretend to read...whatever.  Somehow you've found yourself at this point and questioned whether or not to read on.  Well if you want proceed to that next paragraph down and if not, well thanks for the hit on my blog.

Basically, I'm here to vent on a few issues that have had me boiling for the past couple weeks or even months.  The blog is going to step out of the its general realm of straight college football and start focusing on varying sports and topics....shoot I may even touch on the possible celebrity gossip once in a while.  If you don't know me well enough that previous line was about as sarcastic as it gets.

Hate, Hate, Hate

Strong title huh?  Note the putrid green that I associate with the Boston Celtics and more directly the used-to-be "Big Three".  Now before you take this as my homeristic bias towards the Heat and the newly appointed "Big Three", trust me it is not.  If I am anything it is a realist and I will tell it to you like it is.  The Boston Celtics are the best team in the Eastern Conference and until the Heat prove they can beat them they will probably stay that way.  But, why do they think they are God's gift to earth?  What have they done since taking their talents to Beantown?  One ring.  Yet Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce feel necessary to consistenlty open their mouths to various media outlets as if this is some sort of significant moral victory.  Newsflash:  It's not.  You have as many rings as Dwyane Wade, Brian Grant, Eddie Jones, Brian Scalabrine...whoever.  You're not that significant.  Malone and Stockton didn't get praised for winning Conference Championships and neither should you.  Are you a great team? Yes, without question.  Are you the greatest thing since __________ (I didn't want to reference sliced bread here so fill in the blank with your own innuendo).  The Spurs and Lakers may come to the podium to flip the bird at the annual haters ball (yes, reference to Dave Chappelle viewers), but the Celtics, nah.  Ray Allen, you don't say much but your on-the-verge-of-crazy-glitter-wearing-jersey mother is and she probably makes up for it.  Now am I saying that I would do something crazy and slap my mom or cuss her out, no.  But, I would definitely not be giving her thousand dollar tickets to sit in the front row and wear that.

Basically, I have come to this.  I don't hate the Celtics but I have come to realization that I severely despise them.  It's not because they "win" because frankly they don't really win enough for me to care.  I despise them because of the way they go about their business.  Now before you jump on me about how Lebron made his decision I don't condone this move, however he doesn't run around making a mockery of himself on a nightly basis like Paul Pierce or KG.  Throwing powder doesn't constitute being a joke, calling someone a cancer patient at the free-throw line is (Yes, this happened.  Charlie Villanueva did not mishear, he's not foreign and didn't understand.  Of the two in the conversation he's the one who at least attended college for a year.)  But hey if they want to embrace it let them enjoy their glory, whatever is left of it.  Enjoy that lone ring...that is all.

2 comments:

  1. Love the take! The humor is a little Bill Simmons-esque. Bryan Grant has a ring??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha nah he doesn't..I thought he had one...he dreads make up for it in my book though

    ReplyDelete